Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Display Info Based on User's AD membership

Display Info Based on User's AD membership

Matthew Loraditch

I'd like to have a frequently used link page on our intranet that displays
the urls' based on a users's ad group membership, i.e. if from accounting
show general ledger reports, if from loans, show credit report. I'm not much
worried about hiding from enterprising users, i'd just like to make it
simpler rather than having people have to scroll through pages of links.
Thanks for any help
Matthew Loraditch -Baltimore County Savings Bank

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Hi Matthew,

You can query the AD every time a person hits your page to get this
information, but I've found faster performance when replicating relevant AD
data to a SQL database, such as by a daily overnight script that runs. It
doesn't have to be anything complex if you want to keep it simple. Just a
table of usernames and group names could suffice.

Ray at work

news:(E-Mail Removed)...