Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > which is executed first

which is executed first

Victor Sayas

i have a html button and i'm wondering which is executed first, the
onserverclick event inside the ASP.Net IDE or the onclick event in the HTML
side?
i hope u can realy help me with this one guys and ladies, because i have
codes executed on the IDE environment and also in the HTML side, thanks.

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

since the page is on the client, client-side clicks occur first, then stuff
is processed on the server. when the page is written out to the client
further processing client-side may occur

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
"Victor Sayas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i have a html button and i'm wondering which is executed first, the
> onserverclick event inside the ASP.Net IDE or the onclick event in the
> HTML
> side?
> i hope u can realy help me with this one guys and ladies, because i have
> codes executed on the IDE environment and also in the HTML side, thanks.

Victor Sayas

thank you alvin, can i ask another question. since that is the case my
problem is this:
i have a frame, so i have a line in my code that refreshes the frame
"parent.document.location.href = "./Main2.aspx"", on my serverclick event of
my button i have codes that passes values in the session so i can use in the
executed on the cliend side the values that i passed will not take effect,
how can i put this code on the serverclick event of my html button? or in
what way can i refresh my frameset after the onserverclick event is
finished. thank u.

news:OeI$(E-Mail Removed)...