Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP Page on WSS Site, why dont they work?

ASP Page on WSS Site, why dont they work?

Scott Townsend

I have the following code in a file called test.asp and when I run it I get
'Test'... Is there something about running .ASP Pages on a Web that is
running Windows Sharepoint Services?

Thanks,
Scott<-

------------

<head>
<title>Check out query string -</title>
</head>

Test
<% Response.write("Hello World") %>

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

"Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have the following code in a file called test.asp and when I run it I

get
> 'Test'... Is there something about running .ASP Pages on a Web that is
> running Windows Sharepoint Services?

Should work. Did you enable ASP in the web service extensions?

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...y/centers/iis/

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Scott Townsend wrote:
> I have the following code in a file called test.asp and when I run it
> I get 'Test'... Is there something about running .ASP Pages on a Web
> that is running Windows Sharepoint Services?

With IIS6, ASP is disabled by default. You need to explicitly turn it on:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Scott Townsend

Thank you guys for your replies.

Though I do have other webs on the server that are running ASP pages. And
I've also checked the ASP Web Service Extension.

Its not like it is not executing the code, the HTML portion of the ASP pages
are getting displayed, its just like the ASP code is not getting Executed.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that it is a WSS site and all
the other pages are .ASPX or HTML pages...

Thanks,
Scott<-

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Scott Townsend wrote:
>> I have the following code in a file called test.asp and when I run it
>> I get 'Test'... Is there something about running .ASP Pages on a Web
>> that is running Windows Sharepoint Services?
>>

> With IIS6, ASP is disabled by default. You need to explicitly turn it on:
> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147
>
> Bob Barrows
> --
> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Mark Schupp

If you "view source" do you see the ASP code?
Try a page with only VBScript on it.

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<%
%>

What do you get?

--
--Mark Schupp
Head of Development

"Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you guys for your replies.
>

> Though I do have other webs on the server that are running ASP pages. And
> I've also checked the ASP Web Service Extension.
>
> Its not like it is not executing the code, the HTML portion of the ASP
> pages are getting displayed, its just like the ASP code is not getting
> Executed.
>
> I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that it is a WSS site and all
> the other pages are .ASPX or HTML pages...
>
> Thanks,
> Scott<-
>
> "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Scott Townsend wrote:
>>> I have the following code in a file called test.asp and when I run it
>>> I get 'Test'... Is there something about running .ASP Pages on a Web
>>> that is running Windows Sharepoint Services?
>>>

>> With IIS6, ASP is disabled by default. You need to explicitly turn it on:
>> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147
>>
>> Bob Barrows
>> --
>> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
>> header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
>> quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.

Scott Townsend

Page returns nothing, its completely blank.

If I do a View Source, I get:

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<%
%>

Here is the URL:
http://www.helpfoundation.com/test.asp

Thanks!

"Mark Schupp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you "view source" do you see the ASP code?
> Try a page with only VBScript on it.
>
> <%@ Language=VBScript %>
> <%
> %>
>
> What do you get?
>
> --
> --Mark Schupp
> Head of Development
> Integrity eLearning
> www.ielearning.com
>
> "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thank you guys for your replies.
>>

>> Though I do have other webs on the server that are running ASP pages. And
>> I've also checked the ASP Web Service Extension.
>>
>> Its not like it is not executing the code, the HTML portion of the ASP
>> pages are getting displayed, its just like the ASP code is not getting
>> Executed.
>>
>> I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that it is a WSS site and all
>> the other pages are .ASPX or HTML pages...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Scott<-
>>
>> "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>
>>> With IIS6, ASP is disabled by default. You need to explicitly turn it
>>> on:
>>> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147
>>>
>>> Bob Barrows
>>> --
>>> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
>>> Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
>>> header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
>>> quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.

Mark Schupp

Your server is not processing ASP scripts. You will need to check your IIS
settings.
Make sure that ASP is enabled and that .asp and .asa extensions are mapped
to asp.dll

--
--Mark Schupp
Head of Development

"Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Page returns nothing, its completely blank.
>
> If I do a View Source, I get:
>
> <%@ Language=VBScript %>
> <%
> %>
>
> Here is the URL:
> http://www.helpfoundation.com/test.asp
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Mark Schupp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you "view source" do you see the ASP code?
>> Try a page with only VBScript on it.
>>
>> <%@ Language=VBScript %>
>> <%
>> %>
>>
>> What do you get?
>>
>> --
>> --Mark Schupp
>> Head of Development
>> Integrity eLearning
>> www.ielearning.com
>>
>> "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Thank you guys for your replies.
>>>

>>> Though I do have other webs on the server that are running ASP pages.
>>> And I've also checked the ASP Web Service Extension.
>>>
>>> Its not like it is not executing the code, the HTML portion of the ASP
>>> pages are getting displayed, its just like the ASP code is not getting
>>> Executed.
>>>
>>> I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that it is a WSS site and
>>> all the other pages are .ASPX or HTML pages...
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Scott<-
>>>
>>> "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Scott Townsend

Thank you for your reply...

I've checked the http://server/BlockedFileType.aspx Blocked File Types, and
ASP is not listed. ASA, is however

On the Application Configuration, ASP files are mapped to:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll
Though the verbs are limeted to: GET,HEAD,POST,TRACE

Hmmm

Thanks,
Scott<-

"Mark Schupp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Your server is not processing ASP scripts. You will need to check your IIS
> settings.
> Make sure that ASP is enabled and that .asp and .asa extensions are mapped
> to asp.dll
>
> --
> --Mark Schupp
> Head of Development
> Integrity eLearning
> www.ielearning.com
>
> "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Page returns nothing, its completely blank.
>>
>> If I do a View Source, I get:
>>
>> <%@ Language=VBScript %>
>> <%
>> %>
>>
>> Here is the URL:
>> http://www.helpfoundation.com/test.asp
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> "Mark Schupp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> If you "view source" do you see the ASP code?
>>> Try a page with only VBScript on it.
>>>
>>> <%@ Language=VBScript %>
>>> <%
>>> %>
>>>
>>> What do you get?
>>>
>>> --
>>> --Mark Schupp
>>> Head of Development
>>> Integrity eLearning
>>> www.ielearning.com
>>>
>>> "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

Mark Schupp

> On the Application Configuration, ASP files are mapped to:
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll
> Though the verbs are limeted to: GET,HEAD,POST,TRACE

That is correct.

That's as far as my knowledge of IIS6 goes. You might want to ask on an IIS
newsgroup.

Have you seen this link yet
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2476

--
--Mark Schupp
Head of Development

"Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you for your reply...
>
> I've checked the http://server/BlockedFileType.aspx Blocked File Types,
> and ASP is not listed. ASA, is however
>
> On the Application Configuration, ASP files are mapped to:
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll
> Though the verbs are limeted to: GET,HEAD,POST,TRACE
>
> Hmmm
>
> Thanks,
> Scott<-
>
> "Mark Schupp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Your server is not processing ASP scripts. You will need to check your
>> IIS settings.
>> Make sure that ASP is enabled and that .asp and .asa extensions are
>> mapped to asp.dll
>>
>> --
>> --Mark Schupp
>> Head of Development
>> Integrity eLearning
>> www.ielearning.com
>>
>> "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Page returns nothing, its completely blank.
>>>
>>> If I do a View Source, I get:
>>>
>>> <%@ Language=VBScript %>
>>> <%
>>> %>
>>>
>>> Here is the URL:
>>> http://www.helpfoundation.com/test.asp
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> "Mark Schupp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Scott Townsend

Thank you for the Reply... Though I think I found the issue. You cant
really have ASP and ASP pages on the same site without excluding the ASP
folder from the WSS Site.

I followed this to get a folder to run ASP files:
http://www.asaris-matrix.com/mvp-wal...rm.aspx?ID=329

Though now I cannot get that folder to show up in FrontPage to allow me to
edit the pages... )-;

Thanks,
Scott<-