Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Calling web service

Calling web service

JackRabbit

One of my clients has a site on a really cheap ISP. Currently, the site is
written in ColdFusion. There is a webservice call that uses a coldfusion
tag to execute the web service. Coldfusion is going away for this client.
In place will be asp.

I would like to be able to call a webservice from a regular asp page (not
..net). Is this possible?? If so, would you have some pointers, urls, etc
that I could see how this is done?

Thank you.

Chris Hohmann

"JackRabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> One of my clients has a site on a really cheap ISP. Currently, the site
> is written in ColdFusion. There is a webservice call that uses a
> coldfusion tag to execute the web service. Coldfusion is going away for
> this client. In place will be asp.
>
> I would like to be able to call a webservice from a regular asp page (not
> .net). Is this possible?? If so, would you have some pointers, urls,
> etc that I could see how this is done?
>
> Thank you.

JackRabbit

I saw this one. Those guys are really good. What if the ISP does not
support the soap client ??

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>I saw this one. Those guys are really good. What if the ISP does not
>support the soap client ??
>
> "Chris Hohmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "JackRabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> One of my clients has a site on a really cheap ISP. Currently, the site
>>> is written in ColdFusion. There is a webservice call that uses a
>>> coldfusion tag to execute the web service. Coldfusion is going away for
>>> this client. In place will be asp.
>>>
>>> I would like to be able to call a webservice from a regular asp page
>>> (not .net). Is this possible?? If so, would you have some pointers,
>>> urls, etc that I could see how this is done?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>

>> http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070302-1.shtml

Here's a thread that discusses non-SOAP calls to a web service from classic
ASP.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...62d9cf92144bd1