Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Programmatic test if an object is an array vs. a recordset?

Programmatic test if an object is an array vs. a recordset?

Is there a method by which you can programmatically distinguish an array
from a recordset in VBScript?

I'd prefer to be able to make a general "object" method and have my code
sort out whether it has received a rs or an array.

Thanks.

-KF

Chris Hohmann

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a method by which you can programmatically distinguish an array
> from a recordset in VBScript?
>
> I'd prefer to be able to make a general "object" method and have my code
> sort out whether it has received a rs or an array.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -KF

Use the IsArray function. Here's the documentation:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...fctIsArray.asp

Great, thanks Chris.

news:uv$(E-Mail Removed)...