Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Three tiered Apps

Three tiered Apps

Chris Kennedy

Can anyone point to some good resources on develop multitiered web
applications with ASP. I have been looking using XML and XSLT to work as the
preasentation layer and have a data layer which converts recordset to XML
and then passes them to the presentation layer. This, howver is only two
layers, I am a bit unsure how best to split the backend into business and
data access logic.

dlbjr

My view on this:

Layer 1 = Data from many legacy systems
Layer 2 = Functions and Applied Business Logic = Preferred in Stored Procedures on separate system
linked to all data locations..
Layer 3 = Presentation. (XML can be returned from the stored procedure calls in Microsoft SQL and
Oracle.)

This works well for reports. The xml solutions gets challenging on forms and third party charting.

'dlbjr
'Pleading sagacious indoctrination!