Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Is it timeout problem?

Is it timeout problem?

Sunshiner1

I have a web-based application
> using ASP pages and creating a lot of .pdf files in a loop. When the
> application runs after 1 or 2 minutes I am getting the window with the error
> message : '404 Not Found - The requested item could not be located. (1202
> Internet Security and Acceleration Server', but the back-end is still
> running and finishes creation of all .pdf files. I found out that the
> solution may be to slow down threading process? I am working with traditional
> ASP pages not .NET or JAVA script. So I am wondering if there is any solution
> in my case?

Thanks in advance!

Agoston Bejo

Well, it may be that while creating the pdf files, no answer goes from the
server to the browser.
Try putting something to the Response while creating those files. (E.g.
between every creation or better yet now and then during creation.)

Are these files then put on the server or sent to the client somehow?

I did something similar in ASP where there were a lot of data to be
processed, but I was constantly putting diagnostics messages to Response. It
took more than an hour but no timeout occured. (That was with IE, I don't
have any idea how other browsers may handle this.)

"Sunshiner1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a web-based application
> > using ASP pages and creating a lot of .pdf files in a loop. When the
> > application runs after 1 or 2 minutes I am getting the window with the

error
> > message : '404 Not Found - The requested item could not be located.

(1202
> > Internet Security and Acceleration Server', but the back-end is still
> > running and finishes creation of all .pdf files. I found out that the
> > solution may be to slow down threading process? I am working with

traditional
> > ASP pages not .NET or JAVA script. So I am wondering if there is any

solution
> > in my case?

> Thanks in advance!

Sunshiner1

Thank you "Agoston Bejo" .
I use IE and I put Response iside the loop.I don't see any response when the
program runs.Nothing changed. I am still getting the error.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

"Agoston Bejo" wrote:

> Well, it may be that while creating the pdf files, no answer goes from the
> server to the browser.
> Try putting something to the Response while creating those files. (E.g.
> between every creation or better yet now and then during creation.)
>
> Are these files then put on the server or sent to the client somehow?
>
> I did something similar in ASP where there were a lot of data to be
> processed, but I was constantly putting diagnostics messages to Response. It
> took more than an hour but no timeout occured. (That was with IE, I don't
> have any idea how other browsers may handle this.)
>

> "Sunshiner1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a web-based application
> > > using ASP pages and creating a lot of .pdf files in a loop. When the
> > > application runs after 1 or 2 minutes I am getting the window with the

> error
> > > message : '404 Not Found - The requested item could not be located.

> (1202
> > > Internet Security and Acceleration Server', but the back-end is still
> > > running and finishes creation of all .pdf files. I found out that the
> > > solution may be to slow down threading process? I am working with

> traditional
> > > ASP pages not .NET or JAVA script. So I am wondering if there is any

> solution
> > > in my case?

> > Thanks in advance!

Mark Schupp

add response.flush after each response.write

Also, your error message indicates that you are going through ISA server.
There may be some settings in there that are causing the problem.

--
--Mark Schupp
Head of Development

"Sunshiner1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you "Agoston Bejo" .
> I use IE and I put Response iside the loop.I don't see any response when
> the
> program runs.Nothing changed. I am still getting the error.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks!
>

> "Agoston Bejo" wrote:
>
>> Well, it may be that while creating the pdf files, no answer goes from
>> the
>> server to the browser.
>> Try putting something to the Response while creating those files. (E.g.
>> between every creation or better yet now and then during creation.)
>>
>> Are these files then put on the server or sent to the client somehow?
>>
>> I did something similar in ASP where there were a lot of data to be
>> processed, but I was constantly putting diagnostics messages to Response.
>> It
>> took more than an hour but no timeout occured. (That was with IE, I don't
>> have any idea how other browsers may handle this.)
>>

>> "Sunshiner1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I have a web-based application

>> error

>> (1202

>> traditional

>> solution
>> > Thanks in advance!

Sunshiner1

Could let me what settings?

"Mark Schupp" wrote:

> add response.flush after each response.write
>
> Also, your error message indicates that you are going through ISA server.
> There may be some settings in there that are causing the problem.
>
> --
> --Mark Schupp
> Head of Development
> Integrity eLearning
> www.ielearning.com
>
> "Sunshiner1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thank you "Agoston Bejo" .
> > I use IE and I put Response iside the loop.I don't see any response when
> > the
> > program runs.Nothing changed. I am still getting the error.
> > Any ideas?
> > Thanks!
> >

> > "Agoston Bejo" wrote:
> >
> >> Well, it may be that while creating the pdf files, no answer goes from
> >> the
> >> server to the browser.
> >> Try putting something to the Response while creating those files. (E.g.
> >> between every creation or better yet now and then during creation.)
> >>
> >> Are these files then put on the server or sent to the client somehow?
> >>
> >> I did something similar in ASP where there were a lot of data to be
> >> processed, but I was constantly putting diagnostics messages to Response.
> >> It
> >> took more than an hour but no timeout occured. (That was with IE, I don't
> >> have any idea how other browsers may handle this.)
> >>

> >> "Sunshiner1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> error
> >> (1202
> >> traditional
> >> solution

Mark Schupp

I am not familiar with ISA server other than to know that it exists. You
will have to check the documentation.

--
--Mark Schupp
Head of Development