Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Virtual Directory Setting

Virtual Directory Setting

redman.mainecoon@gmail.com

Webhost4life has their on control panel, which includes a button
labeled: "Set IIS Application".

It takes the user to a page which has a form that looks like this:

http://yourdomain.com/______________ IIS App ON/OFF

You fill in the rest of the URL and then select IIS App ON or IIS App
OFF.

QUESTION: What is this supposed to accomplish?

There is no browse feature, so I am not sure if this is supposed to
create a FOLDER or enable a FOLDER for asp, or what?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

For each directory that exists in an IIS site, you can decide whether or not
that directory is an application itself, or is just a subdirectory of its
parent. If is its own application, it has its own sessions, application
variables, global.asa, etc. So, unless you need to isolate one section of
your site to be its own application, I wouldn't worry about it.

Ray at home

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...