Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > download file protect

download file protect

js

Hi,
how to do this:
the page is to be able to allow a user to enter a password so as to download
documents. It does not meant for any users to download. It is for some
specific users. What I want is to send them a password through email,
but I want to know who's has downloaded.
Please adivce. thanks...

js

Thanks Curt,

"Curt_C [MVP]" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> store the file outside the WWW path and stream it to the client after you
> validate them.
> See http://www.darkfalz.com/1098 for streaming starter

what will be the usual way to validate them? Can I use a client script
instead? Thanks.

js

Thanks...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> no, you will have to store the user/pass in a db/file/etc, or use windows
> auth.
> There are a bunch of sample on that out there. It will have to be SERVER
> side though, otherwise the people could just doa VIEW-SOURCE and see the
> credentials

James Van

Here are some links to articles regarding the streaming process.

http://www.aspin.com/func/content-se...d=5357510&qry= download+file

http://www.asp101.com/articles/jason...oadlist/defaul t.asp

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb...howCode.asp?ln
gWId=4&txtCodeId=7351

http://www.developerfusion.com/show/233/

http://www.aspalliance.com/chrisg/de...asp?article=49

Here is a ASP application that handles everything for you.

http://www.aspprotect.com/more_info_full_v7.asp

"js" <js@(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:upwU$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks...

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> no, you will have to store the user/pass in a db/file/etc, or use windows
>> auth.
>> There are a bunch of sample on that out there. It will have to be SERVER
>> side though, otherwise the people could just doa VIEW-SOURCE and see the
>> credentials

js

Great source to share...
Thanks James.