Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > memory leaks with firebird?

memory leaks with firebird?

astromannix

Hey,

I'm having trouble ever since I installed Firebird - I get real bad
memory leaks. After 30 minutes or so, the browser buttons and images
inside the browser window itself disappear. Sometimes if I
ctrl-alt-del and restart Explorer that solves the problem, but never
for long. Restarting the whole machine has the best results.

It's getting very frustrating. I really like the browser and did not
have these troubles before I installed it. I'm on Win98se. Running a
1.1ghz athlon with 512mbs of RAM...

heeeelp! Thanks!

ho alexandre

astromannix wrote:
> After 30 minutes or so, the browser buttons and images
> inside the browser window itself disappear.

try & delete the XUL.mfl file in your Firebird profile.

--
XandreX
/I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/

ho alexandre

astromannix wrote:
>>try & delete the XUL.mfl file in your Firebird profile.

> Hm, I can't find that file. I found a bunch of files with ".xul"
> extensions, but that's it.

It's in your profile folder, not in the mozilla folder.
[http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.0/faq...html#location]