Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Suggestion Assistance

Suggestion Assistance

nca-wom

I have my webserver and a database. Things started to slowdown a ton with
access, permissions denied (it is on a Windows XP machine, 10 session limit,
etc).

I moved my database off the webserver to a faster and more secure location.
I can't access the database through the webserver anymore.

I am using Windows Authentication. I understand that the webserver will be
using the IUSR_xxxx account to access the database. I am at a loss on how
to access the database

Please help.

Thanks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

nca-wom wrote:
> I have my webserver and a database. Things started to slowdown a ton
> with access, permissions denied (it is on a Windows XP machine, 10
> session limit, etc).
>
> I moved my database off the webserver to a faster and more secure
> location. I can't access the database through the webserver anymore.
>
> I am using Windows Authentication. I understand that the webserver
> will be using the IUSR_xxxx account to access the database. I am at
> a loss on how to access the database
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks

What kind of database?
Never mind. See this:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

In addition to what Bob said, you realize that this won't change the 10
connection limit in XP, right? I don't see how this will solve your
problem.

Ray at work

news:(E-Mail Removed)...