Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > 2 WebServices with the same name on 1 Server?

2 WebServices with the same name on 1 Server?

Ulrich Haverkamp

Hi,

I have developed a WebService (with .net) and have to install it on a
Windows2003-Server for TEST and PRODUCTION (my Customer has only 1
Windows-Server).

It it possible, to use the same name (of the asmx-file) for TEST and
PRODUCTION (same files in 2 different folders; I have installed the
PRODUCTION-WebService and want to copy it to another folder)
or
do i have to deploy the WebService for TEST with a different name (and a
second installation)?

(I have tried the first way, and now I have some Security-Problems (Access
is denied), when accessing dll's in the BIN-Subfolder)

thank you for your help
Ulrich Haverkamp

B_O_B

Did you put the 2 different web services in 2 different virtual directories?

"Ulrich Haverkamp" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have developed a WebService (with .net) and have to install it on a
> Windows2003-Server for TEST and PRODUCTION (my Customer has only 1
> Windows-Server).
>
> It it possible, to use the same name (of the asmx-file) for TEST and
> PRODUCTION (same files in 2 different folders; I have installed the
> PRODUCTION-WebService and want to copy it to another folder)
> or
> do i have to deploy the WebService for TEST with a different name (and a
> second installation)?
>
> (I have tried the first way, and now I have some Security-Problems (Access
> is denied), when accessing dll's in the BIN-Subfolder)
>
> thank you for your help
> Ulrich Haverkamp

B_O_B

You can also try to create 2 different web sites using 2 different ports.
Let me know if either works.

"B_O_B" wrote:

> Did you put the 2 different web services in 2 different virtual directories?
>
> "Ulrich Haverkamp" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have developed a WebService (with .net) and have to install it on a
> > Windows2003-Server for TEST and PRODUCTION (my Customer has only 1
> > Windows-Server).
> >
> > It it possible, to use the same name (of the asmx-file) for TEST and
> > PRODUCTION (same files in 2 different folders; I have installed the
> > PRODUCTION-WebService and want to copy it to another folder)
> > or
> > do i have to deploy the WebService for TEST with a different name (and a
> > second installation)?
> >
> > (I have tried the first way, and now I have some Security-Problems (Access
> > is denied), when accessing dll's in the BIN-Subfolder)
> >
> > thank you for your help
> > Ulrich Haverkamp

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Ulrich Haverkamp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have developed a WebService (with .net) and have to install it on a

HTH,
Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET