Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > IIS 6

IIS 6

E Sullivan

I am trying to run vb6 webclasses from a NT IIS6 webserver. For a few years
we have been running these successfully on IIS4. I'm having a little trouble
getting the initial asp page to load. Is there anytning special that needs
to be installed for webclasses or asp on IIS 6?

Thanks,

Ellie

E Sullivan

We just checked the settings and there seems to be quite a few. Is there a
specific one you are referring to? Also, do you know if asp will work with a
private IP address or does it have to be public?

thanks again

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> IIS6 (which means Win2003) has ASP disabled by default.
> Go into the config for IIS and enable it, and try again.
>
> --
> Curt Christianson
> Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com
> Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
>

> "E Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am trying to run vb6 webclasses from a NT IIS6 webserver. For a few

years
> > we have been running these successfully on IIS4. I'm having a little
> > trouble
> > getting the initial asp page to load. Is there anytning special that

needs
> > to be installed for webclasses or asp on IIS 6?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ellie

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

http://www.aspfaq.com/2147
http://www.aspfaq.com/2476

--
Please post DDL, sample data and desired results.
See http://www.aspfaq.com/5006 for info.

"E Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to run vb6 webclasses from a NT IIS6 webserver. For a few

years
> we have been running these successfully on IIS4. I'm having a little

trouble
> getting the initial asp page to load. Is there anytning special that needs
> to be installed for webclasses or asp on IIS 6?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ellie

Jeff Cochran

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:57:11 -0500, "E Sullivan"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am trying to run vb6 webclasses from a NT IIS6 webserver. For a few years
>we have been running these successfully on IIS4. I'm having a little trouble
>getting the initial asp page to load. Is there anytning special that needs
>to be installed for webclasses or asp on IIS 6?

The obvious possibilities:

How To: Enable ASP on IIS6:
http://www.visualwin.com/ASP/

Also, script blocking software such as personal firewallas and
internet security programs will interfere.

Jeff

IIS 6 vs IIS 5 ASP.NET Performance Issues JMaelstrom ASP .Net 2 04-30-2010 04:32 PM
IIS 6.0 win2003, IIS users moe_rodrigue MCSE 1 04-01-2004 07:37 AM
IIS 6.0 vs IIS 5.1 Hai Nguyen ASP .Net 1 03-02-2004 06:22 AM
ASP.NET application works in IIS PWS, but not in remote IIS. Matthew Louden ASP .Net 3 11-07-2003 09:58 PM
.NET IIS to IIS credentials problem... Grind Boy ASP .Net 4 08-14-2003 12:59 PM

Advertisments