Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Getting Search Results

Getting Search Results

Mark

Hi Guys,

I have a page with a list of links that when clicked submit data to a
clients search engine, The result opens in another window and either
displays a list of items or diaplays "No Items Found".

I want to perform another action in my Asp Page if the result is "No
Items Found"
Can I get my Asp page to read the result from the search engine when
it's results are returned in another window or would i have to return
them into a frame?

Is this possible?

Many Thanks

Mark

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Sure, you can parse the results using MSXML objects. See
http://www.aspfaq.com/2173

--
Please post DDL, sample data and desired results.
See http://www.aspfaq.com/5006 for info.

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...