Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Authentication Question

Authentication Question

Dvand

I am attempting to access WMI data on a remote machine. I have been able to
get this to work, but there has got to be a better way, I hope.

set wmiLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")
Set WMIServices = GetObject("winmgmts://" & cn & "")
Set objSWbemLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")
WMIServices.Security_.ImpersonationLevel = 3

Then in my IIS snapin, Directory Security, and then Edit

I have this set
Anon Access with my username and password as well as Windows Integrated
Authentication checked.

It does the job, I can pull the data, but it poses a security risk. I don't
want to have my password and username as the authentication options.

Dvand

I think I got it where I want. I now just need a input box for the password

When the page is loaded (schWS.ASP), it will ask for your password, accept
the password and use the password on the schWS.ASP page. I don't need it
validated. It will be validated when the WMI data is accessed.

I think this is easy, but my brain is dead from spending a couple of days
trying to get to my current point.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...