Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > International characters

International characters

Luke

Hi everyone!

I am just staring to work with ASP...
I have a problem with German and Slavic characters.

On first ASP page there is a FORM that user must fill - personal data
& stuff, where users use special language related characters (like
Č, , ...). When I post the form results to another ASP page
that collects the data with Request.form("field"), special characters
usually (90%) disappear, change into boxes or some other characters.
This page should then write the results to a DB or send it via email,
but since the characters are not encoded properly I did not write the
script yet.

I tried to set Codepage and charset, but it does not solve the
problem.

I can't seem to find a solution on the web since I am not sure what to
look for.

Anyone has a solution to that problem, please?

BEst regards,
Luka - Skvrl

Evertjan.

Luke wrote on 16 mrt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
> I have a problem with German and Slavic characters.

I would prefer to call them "national characters",
even if that is not quite correct too.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.