Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Image Files Not Cached - Long Time to Download

Image Files Not Cached - Long Time to Download

Jeff Sanders

I am running an ASP file that returns image buttons back to the client. The
download on the client side is slow (about 19 small images on the page). I
am running on Windows XP SP1 behind ISA server, and the request is coming
from an outside IP.

The same application on an NT 4.0 Server works fine. The download time is
maybe 3 seconds, versus about 20 seconds for the same exact images. It is
behind the same ISA Server.

Any advice is appreciated.

Jeff

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBTYW5kZXJz?= wrote on 15 mrt 2005 in

> I am running an ASP file that returns image buttons back to the
> client. The download on the client side is slow (about 19 small
> images on the page). I am running on Windows XP SP1 behind ISA
> server, and the request is coming from an outside IP.
>
> The same application on an NT 4.0 Server works fine. The download
> time is maybe 3 seconds, versus about 20 seconds for the same exact
> images. It is behind the same ISA Server.
>
> Any advice is appreciated.

Your problem has no connection with ASP, so
perhaps you should ask in a more apropriate NG.

If you think otherwise, please show your ASP-code.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Jeff Sanders

Hi Evertjan,

I also posted on the IIS public site. When I first posted, I wasn't sure if
there was anything I could do in ASP such as setting the
Response.CacheControl or other similar settings.

Jeff

"Evertjan." wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBTYW5kZXJz?= wrote on 15 mrt 2005 in
>
> > I am running an ASP file that returns image buttons back to the
> > client. The download on the client side is slow (about 19 small
> > images on the page). I am running on Windows XP SP1 behind ISA
> > server, and the request is coming from an outside IP.
> >
> > The same application on an NT 4.0 Server works fine. The download
> > time is maybe 3 seconds, versus about 20 seconds for the same exact
> > images. It is behind the same ISA Server.
> >
> > Any advice is appreciated.
> >

> Your problem has no connection with ASP, so
> perhaps you should ask in a more apropriate NG.
>
> If you think otherwise, please show your ASP-code.
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBTYW5kZXJz?= wrote on 15 mrt 2005 in

> "Evertjan." wrote:
>
>> =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBTYW5kZXJz?= wrote on 15 mrt 2005 in
>>
>> > I am running an ASP file that returns image buttons back to the
>> > client. The download on the client side is slow (about 19 small
>> > images on the page). I am running on Windows XP SP1 behind ISA
>> > server, and the request is coming from an outside IP.
>> >
>> > The same application on an NT 4.0 Server works fine. The download
>> > time is maybe 3 seconds, versus about 20 seconds for the same exact
>> > images. It is behind the same ISA Server.
>> >
>> > Any advice is appreciated.
>> >

>> Your problem has no connection with ASP, so
>> perhaps you should ask in a more apropriate NG.
>>
>> If you think otherwise, please show your ASP-code.

> I also posted on the IIS public site. When I first posted, I wasn't
> sure if there was anything I could do in ASP such as setting the
> Response.CacheControl or other similar settings.

[topposting corrected]

"the IIS public site" do you mean usenet?

good luck.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.