Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Mainframe and network password reset via ASP script

Mainframe and network password reset via ASP script

Mike Mahon

The LDAP is located on the mainframe. I can successfully
select records using some ASP (Classic) script. I choose
to use ASP classic because there are very few examples I
could find of using the directory services other than the
MS AD. Anywho, as I said I can select the LDAP record
using a mixture of SQL and LDAP dialects but now I am at a
standstill... I have been asked to create a form to reset
the passwords on both the mainframe and the network at the
same time. The actual user accounts on the mainframe
exist in RACF and the "field" I need to access is
racfPassword, could this be accomplished via a SQL Update
command using the same mix of SQL and LDAP dialects? Any
help is greatly appreciated.

mike dot mahon at txdps dot state dot tx dot us