Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Pushing data to web page without refresh

Pushing data to web page without refresh

TheFarSeer

Hi,
i have a server that recieves data often from a third party data provider
often. I would like to PUSH this data to the client webpage, WITHOUT having
to force the user to hit refresh or without having to use client side polling
and autorefresh. Once recieved on the client, i can use something like DHTML
to add it to a table.

Any suggestions on how to go about this or what is the best technology to
use for doing this? Any sample applications out there doing this today?

thank you very much.

Bob Lehmann

No can do.

Look into XMLHTTP.