Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Multi Page Form

Multi Page Form

Jishnu

HI All,
I am writing a multi page form. I am using hidden input statements to
pass my variables between different pages. Now I want to provide a page
whereusers can update the previous entered data. The form at this point
is populated through the hidden variables.
But as I submit after making any changes.
the hidden values instad of updating get an extra value.
Is there any way to get around it.
Thanks

Tim

Jishnu wrote:
> I am writing a multi page form. I am using hidden input statements to
> pass my variables between different pages. Now I want to provide a page
> whereusers can update the previous entered data. The form at this point
> is populated through the hidden variables.
> But as I submit after making any changes.
> the hidden values instad of updating get an extra value.
> Is there any way to get around it.

For questions like this you should always post some well crafted
explaining code because it is hard to tell what you are doing wrong but
my guess is that you write both hidden fields AND ordinary forms on the
update page.

I guess it looks something like this (on the update page).

<input type="hidden" name="name" value="Jishnu" />
<input type="text" name="name" value="" />

In this case Request.Form("name") will return a stringlist containing
both the hidden value and the value entered in the form.

What you should do instead is to only have the form, and let it contain
the name initially

<input type="text" name="name" value="Jishnu" />

If you problem is what I think it is this should be the solution, else
you should post some code exemplifying .

Tim

Bullschmidt

<<
But as I submit after making any changes.
the hidden values instad of updating get an extra value.

Maybe you have more than one field with the same name.

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com

multi-page form and "back" button William Gill Javascript 17 07-02-2011 09:40 PM
GrayHairDay: moving page controls to a form and then the form back to the page? matthias s ASP .Net Web Controls 0 09-20-2007 09:48 PM
disable multi-firing event on multi-clicking link John Grandy ASP .Net 0 09-13-2005 01:01 AM
Multi-vrf to Multi-vrf keithb Cisco 1 05-10-2004 04:32 PM
Struts validator, multi-page form, and the page attribute Robert Bowen Java 0 02-18-2004 06:20 PM

Advertisments