Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Stopping running code at a certain point

Stopping running code at a certain point

Jack

Hi,
I have a asp page which is pretty long. This consitst of various recordsets.
My intention is to stop execution of a code at a cetain point and test one
value prior to this point. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advance.
Regards.

McKirahan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have a asp page which is pretty long. This consitst of various

recordsets.
> My intention is to stop execution of a code at a cetain point and test one
> value prior to this point. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advance.
> Regards.

An "If" statement comes to mind as in:

If item = value Then
' do something
End If

Perhaps a more detailed description of the issue would suggest a different
answer.

What do you mean by "stop execution of the code"?

Will this require user interaction?

Vic Sowers

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have a asp page which is pretty long. This consitst of various
> recordsets.
> My intention is to stop execution of a code at a cetain point and test one
> value prior to this point. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advance.
> Regards.

Try:
Response.End();
after you've completed testing the value.

Jack

Thanks McKirahan for your answer. Actually, I need to log into the system.
That is the only user interaction. I would like to check couple of values of
variables which are in the middle of the code. Just after this, the code is
giving error. I was wondering if I could open the web page and the code would
run upto this point of extracting the values of couple of variables and not
execute any further which, at this point, if runs, will give me error in the
page. Hope I am clear.
I am going to test Vic's suggestion, to see if that works. Regards.

"McKirahan" wrote:

> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > I have a asp page which is pretty long. This consitst of various

> recordsets.
> > My intention is to stop execution of a code at a cetain point and test one
> > value prior to this point. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advance.
> > Regards.

> An "If" statement comes to mind as in:
>
> If item = value Then
> ' do something
> End If
>
> Perhaps a more detailed description of the issue would suggest a different
> answer.
>
> What do you mean by "stop execution of the code"?
>
> Will this require user interaction?

McKirahan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks McKirahan for your answer. Actually, I need to log into the system.
> That is the only user interaction. I would like to check couple of values

of
> variables which are in the middle of the code. Just after this, the code

is
> giving error. I was wondering if I could open the web page and the code

would
> run upto this point of extracting the values of couple of variables and

not
> execute any further which, at this point, if runs, will give me error in

the
> page. Hope I am clear.
> I am going to test Vic's suggestion, to see if that works. Regards.

Use
Response.Write(variable_name)
before
Response.End
to view variable_name at the point of termination

If you use it multiple times. use:
Response.Write("<br>variable_name = " & variable_name)

Jack

Thanks for your input McKirahan. Regards.