Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Redirecting on Failed Image 404

Redirecting on Failed Image 404

Keith

I have some images on a domain (http://www.domain.com/image1.jpg for
example).

I want to create a sub-domain so that the images will be
http://images.domain.com/image1.jpg for example.

Once I move the images to the sub-domain any requests to the old locations
will result in a 404.

Is there any way to redirect all failed image requests to the new location?
Maybe by modifying the 404 page?

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Sure, some techniques here on modifying the 404 handler to do custom things
(e.g. based on file extension):

http://www.aspfaq.com/2162

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

Redirecting a 404 error Corona HTML 6 06-26-2005 03:40 AM
Intercept IIS 404 errors? Issue with Viewstate and 404 Jonathan Folland ASP .Net 2 03-17-2005 02:32 AM
Update 2 download failed serever: returned 404 Joseph McAlonan Computer Support 0 02-19-2005 10:52 AM
Redirecting favicon.ico in the Error 404 handler? Bill ASP General 2 09-09-2004 09:49 PM
Redirecting to the default 404 page Nobody ASP .Net 2 02-04-2004 07:51 AM

Advertisments