Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > <!--include files - help

<!--include files - help

Mark

Im trying to use the "includes" on an asp file
I have one file called services.asp and i've included a footer on this page
as
PageBot.asp

they are both in the root of the site but it doesn't include the contents of
PageBot.asp

if I view source on services.asp, it has this at the bottom of the page
<!--#include virtual="pageBot.asp"-->
when in fact it should include the footer html

I've tried using 'file' and 'virtual' on the includes bit but it still
doesn't work

it works locally but not on the server,
I think the live environment is running apache

to view it have a look here
http://www.ais2000.co.uk/test.asp

footer can be seen on this page
http://www.ais2000.co.uk/AISpreview.jpg

Steven Burn

Is it being including dynamically or statically?

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

"Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:422cd489$0$12848$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> Im trying to use the "includes" on an asp file
> I have one file called services.asp and i've included a footer on this page
> as
> PageBot.asp
>
> they are both in the root of the site but it doesn't include the contents of
> PageBot.asp
>
> if I view source on services.asp, it has this at the bottom of the page
> <!--#include virtual="pageBot.asp"-->
> when in fact it should include the footer html
>
> I've tried using 'file' and 'virtual' on the includes bit but it still
> doesn't work
>
> it works locally but not on the server,
> I think the live environment is running apache
>
> to view it have a look here
> http://www.ais2000.co.uk/test.asp
>
> footer can be seen on this page
> http://www.ais2000.co.uk/AISpreview.jpg

Mark

Statically
its always calling the same file

"Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Is it being including dynamically or statically?

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

news:422cd489$0$12848$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> Im trying to use the "includes" on an asp file
> I have one file called services.asp and i've included a footer on this
> page
> as
> PageBot.asp
>
> they are both in the root of the site but it doesn't include the contents
> of
> PageBot.asp
>
> if I view source on services.asp, it has this at the bottom of the page
> <!--#include virtual="pageBot.asp"-->
> when in fact it should include the footer html
>
> I've tried using 'file' and 'virtual' on the includes bit but it still
> doesn't work
>
> it works locally but not on the server,
> I think the live environment is running apache
>
> to view it have a look here
> http://www.ais2000.co.uk/test.asp
>
> footer can be seen on this page
> http://www.ais2000.co.uk/AISpreview.jpg

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

> it works locally but not on the server,
> I think the live environment is running apache

Well, Apache doesn't run ASP out of the box... have you verified that some
ASP emulator is present? Otherwise your ASP will be processed as HTML/plain
text and that #include directive will just be a comment.

Jeff Cochran

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 22:24:23 -0000, "Mark"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Im trying to use the "includes" on an asp file
>I have one file called services.asp and i've included a footer on this page
>as
>PageBot.asp
>
>they are both in the root of the site but it doesn't include the contents of
>PageBot.asp

Have you checked the log files to see what is being requested and the
response?

>if I view source on services.asp, it has this at the bottom of the page
> <!--#include virtual="pageBot.asp"-->
>when in fact it should include the footer html

That sounds like the ASP isn't getting processed.

>I've tried using 'file' and 'virtual' on the includes bit but it still
>doesn't work
>
>it works locally but not on the server,
>I think the live environment is running apache

Do you know what ASP emulator it's running? Apache doesn't do ASP
natively, so you may have problems there.

Jeff

Kyle Peterson

http://www.powerasp.com/content/code...s/includes.asp