Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > what is the problem with my ASP Code

what is the problem with my ASP Code

Paramjeet Singh

I was writing data to an html file through the following cide written a
file called "append.asp"

<%
Set MyFileSystemObject =
Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set MyTextFile =
MyFileSystemObject.OpenTextFile(Server.MapPath("cl ientlist.htm"), 8,
TRUE)
MyTextFile.WriteLine("<p>")
MyTextFile.WriteLine("<strong>")
MyTextFile.WriteLine("<LI>")
MyTextFile.WriteLine(Request.form("company"))
MyTextFile.WriteLine("<br>")
MyTextFile.WriteLine("</strong>")
MyTextFile.WriteLine(Request.form("person"))
MyTextFile.WriteLine("<br>")
MyTextFile.WriteLine(Request.form("address"))
MyTextFile.WriteLine("<br>")
MyTextFile.WriteLine("Ph. ")
MyTextFile.WriteLine(Request.form("phone"))
MyTextFile.WriteLine("</p>")
MyTextFile.WriteLine("<center>")
MyTextFile.WriteLine("<font size=2>")
MyTextFile.WriteLine("<a href=#top>")
MyTextFile.WriteLine("Top of Page")
MyTextFile.WriteLine("</a>")
MyTextFile.WriteLine("</font>")
MyTextFile.WriteLine("</center>")
MyTextFile.Close
response.redirect("confirm.htm")
%>

Now the same code is not working. What reason is behind that. If there
is any coding problem please do let me know as I am not that much
familiar in debugging ASP.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Paramjeet Singh wrote:
> I was writing data to an html file through the following cide written
> a file called "append.asp"
>
> <%
> Set MyFileSystemObject =
> Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
>
> Now the same code is not working.

Please try to describe your symptoms without using the words "not working",
"fails", etc. Are you getting errors? Incorrect behavior?

> What reason is behind that. If there
> is any coding problem please do let me know as I am not that much
> familiar in debugging ASP.

Obviously, something has changed on the server. My guess:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2180

If this is not relevant, then provide more information about your symptoms.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Evertjan.

Paramjeet Singh wrote on 07 mrt 2005 in

> I was writing data to an html file through the following cide written a
> file called "append.asp"
>
> <%
> Set MyFileSystemObject=Server.CreateObject("Scripting. FileSystemObject")
> Set MyTextFile=MyFileSystemObject.OpenTextFile(Server. MapPath

("clientlist.htm"), 8, TRUE)

I suspect the write permission on "clientlist.htm" is not set.

> Now the same code is not working.

Describe "not working" please.

--
Evertjan.