Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > need help : error in asp

need help : error in asp

moshe

after "objConn.execute(sql)" the page got error
how can i show the error? there is an Object error ?

regards,
yuval

Tim Williams

Well, what was the "error" you got?
Show code. There is an error object, but how you use it will depend
what language you're using.

Tim.

"moshe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> after "objConn.execute(sql)" the page got error
> how can i show the error? there is an Object error ?
>
> regards,
> yuval

Brian Staff

My guess is that objConn is not an object and that tells me that your
connection string is incorrect and you did not make a connection to your
database.

Did you do any error checking after trying to connect?

As Tim says..."show us your code"

Brian
"moshe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> after "objConn.execute(sql)" the page got error
> how can i show the error? there is an Object error ?
>
> regards,
> yuval

Phill. W

"moshe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> after "objConn.execute(sql)" the page got error
> how can i show the error? there is an Object error ?

On Error Resume Next
objConn.execute(sql)
If Err.Number <> 0 Then
Response.Write "Error #" & Err.Number _
& " : " & Err.Decription
Response.End
End If

HTH,
Phill W.

Roland Hall

:
: On Error Resume Next
: objConn.execute(sql)
: If Err.Number <> 0 Then
: Response.Write "Error #" & Err.Number _
: & " : " & Err.Decription
: Response.End
: End If

and then...