Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > asp displaying long raw field

asp displaying long raw field

bob

Hi All,

I have an Oracle database which has a field LONG RAW type to store text
files. I'm trying to display the output of this field in ASP but I'm having
problems.

I've gone through many different approaches but they either do nothing or
do
the following;

I've tried doing response.binarywrite(rs("data_object")) and I get
something
like below

<SOA~?R~m$!!SZ #1
{ 3c-4hachaI`5[:@*d6{?6u?Tx.s"SaS?Dn+Kz @'6M0._

Bob Barrows [MVP]

bob wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an Oracle database which has a field LONG RAW type to store
> text files. I'm trying to display the output of this field in ASP but I'm
> having problems.
>
> I've gone through many different approaches but they either do
> nothing or do
> the following;
>
> I've tried doing response.binarywrite(rs("data_object")) and I get
> something
> like below

it's not about Oracle, but does this thread help?
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...2f471419b18654

This also may help, despite its applying to SQL Server:
..
This seems more relevant:

Bob Barrows

--