Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Activex Warning

Activex Warning

Vinod

Hi,

I get the following warning when i receive a mail send from Asp

""Your current settings prohibit running ActiveX contros on this page.As a
result, the
page may not display correctly.""

i want to avoid getting this message what can i do for it.

Regards
Vinod

Jason Brown [MSFT]

where exactly is this error triggered from? your mail client, or a browser?
(or are you using web-based email?)

And does the email contain any flash or plugins or script?

--
Jason Brown
Microsoft GTSC, IIS

rights.
"Vinod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I get the following warning when i receive a mail send from Asp
>
> ""Your current settings prohibit running ActiveX contros on this page.As a
> result, the
> page may not display correctly.""
>
> i want to avoid getting this message what can i do for it.
>
> Regards
> Vinod

Vinod

Yes it contains a flash file as attachment.I will send the auto mail thru my
asp program and when i try to open it in my outlook i will
get this mail.

regards
vinod

"Jason Brown [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> where exactly is this error triggered from? your mail client, or a

browser?
> (or are you using web-based email?)
>
> And does the email contain any flash or plugins or script?
>

> --
> Jason Brown
> Microsoft GTSC, IIS

> rights.
> "Vinod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I get the following warning when i receive a mail send from Asp
> >
> > ""Your current settings prohibit running ActiveX contros on this page.As

> > result, the
> > page may not display correctly.""
> >
> > i want to avoid getting this message what can i do for it.
> >
> > Regards
> > Vinod

Jason Brown [MSFT]

well, yes. Outlook is warning you against the active content, which it does
because a number of attacks have been launched against email systems using
activeX in email messages.

there's really not a lot you can do about this, aside from downgrading your
clients, though you may want to ask in an Outlook or Outlook Express group -
there may be a signing mechanism, though that's really outside my area of
expertise.