Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP IsNumeric() = False?

ASP IsNumeric() = False?

Uncle Ben

I wrote a stored procedure to INSERT a new row in the database. It returns
the new ID via @@IDENTITY.

This value is read by my ASP and stored in variable intNewID. The value
displays fine via <%= intNewID %>. But when I tested it using
IsNumeric(intNewID), it returned False.

Why is that?

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Maybe you could show your actual code?

On 3/2/05 9:51 PM, in article #(E-Mail Removed), "Uncle
Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I wrote a stored procedure to INSERT a new row in the database. It returns
> the new ID via @@IDENTITY.
>
> This value is read by my ASP and stored in variable intNewID. The value
> displays fine via <%= intNewID %>. But when I tested it using
> IsNumeric(intNewID), it returned False.
>
> Why is that?

Dave Anderson

Uncle Ben wrote:
> I wrote a stored procedure to INSERT a new row in the database. It
> returns the new ID via @@IDENTITY.
>
> This value is read by my ASP and stored in variable intNewID. The
> value displays fine via <%= intNewID %>. But when I tested it using
> IsNumeric(intNewID), it returned False.

Just for the record, IsNumeric is not part of ASP.

Since you didn't post your code, I'll guess that you're reading a recordset,
and assigning the variable something like this:

intNewID = objRS("ID")

Do you note any difference if you change it to this?

intNewID = objRS.Fields("ID").Value

--
Dave Anderson

Evertjan.

Dave Anderson wrote on 03 mrt 2005 in
> Just for the record, IsNumeric is not part of ASP.

You are right, it is part of asp-vbscript.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.