Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > A peculiar problem.

A peculiar problem.

catchanu@yahoo.com

Hi friends,
I really have a peciluar problem. This is what happeneing.
On windows 2000, server and IIS.
I have created a virtual directory for ASP files under default website,
all these days it was working fine. And they rebooted the server y'day.
Now when I go to my virtual directory, right clcik, say browse(on an
asp file) I started getting error.

Internal Server Error: 500
Internet Information Services.

Technical Inforamtion:
Error Type:
rado.conn (0X8004020B)
Could not open the debug or log file \ActiveFSP\includes.inc, line 80.

I will post what I have in includes.inc.
set oConn = server.createobject("RADO.CONN")
oConn.CommandTimeout=150 ----------> line 80.
oCOnn.mode=1
hr = oConn.open(Application("DBConfig"))
Now, I go to Administration web site, create the same virtual directory
for ASP files, adn browse. Everything works.
I come back to Default WebSite and looks like everything is fine. I am
really confused . I want to use default website(c:\localhost).
Could somebody shed light on this.
Thanks

Hal Rosser

I'm not positive about this, but many problems have to do with 'permissions'
right-click the virtual directory and check the permissions.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi friends,
> I really have a peciluar problem. This is what happeneing.
> On windows 2000, server and IIS.
> I have created a virtual directory for ASP files under default website,
> all these days it was working fine. And they rebooted the server y'day.
> Now when I go to my virtual directory, right clcik, say browse(on an
> asp file) I started getting error.
>
> Internal Server Error: 500
> Internet Information Services.
>
> Technical Inforamtion:
> Error Type:
> rado.conn (0X8004020B)
> Could not open the debug or log file \ActiveFSP\includes.inc, line 80.
>
> I will post what I have in includes.inc.
> set oConn = server.createobject("RADO.CONN")
> oConn.CommandTimeout=150 ----------> line 80.
> oCOnn.mode=1
> hr = oConn.open(Application("DBConfig"))
> Now, I go to Administration web site, create the same virtual directory
> for ASP files, adn browse. Everything works.
> I come back to Default WebSite and looks like everything is fine. I am
> really confused . I want to use default website(c:\localhost).
> Could somebody shed light on this.
> Thanks

catchanu@yahoo.com

I did compare both Default Web site ->virtual directory permission and
Administration web site-> visrtual directory .( they both refering to
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspfolder). Everything matches. I don't know whats
happening.
Thansk for the reply.