Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Free Tree view

Free Tree view

Vinod

Hi,

I wanted to know whether any free TreeView components are available in Asp.
I should be able to drag drop, copy,paste and there should be checkbox
facility in the nodes.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Vinod

Vinod

i guess u didnot get the point. i will put it in my screen.where else.
pure asp tree view components are there for your kind notice.
i am only looking for free ware.
vinod

> Vinod wrote on 23 feb 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>
> > I wanted to know whether any free TreeView components are available in
> > Asp. I should be able to drag drop, copy,paste and there should be
> > checkbox facility in the nodes.
> >

> The asp-server usually has no screen and no mouse,
> so where would you want to put the tree-view ?
>
> Please ask in clientside NGs.
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

Evertjan.

Vinod wrote on 23 feb 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I wanted to know whether any free TreeView components are available in
> Asp. I should be able to drag drop, copy,paste and there should be
> checkbox facility in the nodes.

The asp-server usually has no screen and no mouse,
so where would you want to put the tree-view ?

Please ask in clientside NGs.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Phill. W

Vinod,

> i guess u did not get the point.

I fear it is /you/ who are missing the point, as have /so/ many before
you. Please, *please*, try to get a grip on the *basics* of a
technology before diving into the complicated stuff!

ASP has no visual controls because it does not support any kind
of "screen". It takes HTTP Requests [usually] from a client browser,
mangles them around and does others things based on the request,
then returns an HTTP Response. There are *no* Document Object
Models at this point, /no/ Controls and certainly /no/ Screens
or Windows.

Admittedly, you can send such client-side controls as you describe
/using/ ASP, but ASP itself is only the carrier; it will not be able to
interact with the control (except when the user submits a fresh
HTTP Request). You will not, for example, be able to call any of
your server-side code from, say, events generated by your treeview
control, running in the client browser.

Regards,
Phill W.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...