Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Display RSS Can't locate Resources - REPOST

Display RSS Can't locate Resources - REPOST

Anthony

Sorry about the repost but i didn't get any responses....

I am trying to make a simple page display a rss news feed.. I don't want the
web server to connect to remote site because it doesn't work. I want the
client to do it because my web server is behind a proxy (Tried proxycfg.exe
on web server with no success)

I am going nuts.. something that should be so simple for me...

The following will just not work and I give up.. so now I want client side
code (Unless someone can fix my problem):
ALWAYS Give's me
msxml3.dll error '800c0005'

The system cannot locate the resource specified.

/readnews.asp, line 12

SOURCE ---
<%
response.write "WOW!<br>"
Call getNews(10)
response.write "<BR>WOW!"
'http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/rss/xseries.xml
Sub getNEWS(howManyResults)
myRSSfile = "http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/rss/xseries.xml"

Set xmlHttp = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")
xmlHttp.Open "Get", myRSSfile, false
xmlHttp.Send()
myXML = xmlHttp.ResponseText

Set xmlResponse = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DomDocument")
xmlResponse.async = false
' oxml.setProperty "ServerHTTPRequest", true
xmlResponse.LoadXml(myXML)
Set xmlHttp = Nothing

Set objLst = xmlResponse.getElementsByTagName("item")
Set xmlResponse = Nothing

intNoOfHeadlines = objLst.length -1

For i = 0 To (intNoOfHeadlines)
Set objHdl = objLst.item(i)

for each child in objHdl.childNodes
Select case lcase(child.nodeName)
case "title"
title = child.text
case "link"
link = child.text
case "description"
description = child.text
'You can also use the following:
author,category,comments,enclosure,guid,pubDate,so urce
End Select
next

kk = kk+1
if kk < howManyresults+1 then
& description

end if

Next
End Sub
%>

%>

End News.

Patrick Kremer

This code works perfectly on my server.

You should check for a firewall or other blocking issue from your web
server. Perhaps there is a routing problem between your server and ibm.com,
or a DNS issue.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

"
> & description
>
> end if
>
> Next
> End Sub
> %>
>
> %>
>
> End News.

Two ways to generate RSS - rss/maker and rss/2.0 - which is better? Jonathan Groll Ruby 1 06-27-2009 03:53 AM
Repost: RSS Consumer Newbie ASP .Net 1 02-04-2006 07:42 AM
Locate Security Related RSS Feeds Kyle Computer Security 0 11-23-2005 01:32 PM
RSS Feed - need an Idiot's Guide to RSS News on my website teach_me6@hotmail.com HTML 5 02-25-2005 11:01 AM
Can't locate resource specified - display RSS Anthony ASP General 0 02-12-2005 08:38 PM

Advertisments