Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Can I do this with the Fields Collection?

Can I do this with the Fields Collection?

John

I like how you can use the Fields collection to create tables but is there a
way to dynamically produce a table and filter out certain fields without
having to write the entire table out manually? For example, I don't need
the record's ID field in the table.

Thanks!

Hal Rosser

news:OZnRd.27246$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I like how you can use the Fields collection to create tables but is there

> way to dynamically produce a table and filter out certain fields without
> having to write the entire table out manually?

Yes

For example, I don't need
> the record's ID field in the table.

Leave it off

John

ok, this doesn't really help.

Thanks?

"Hal Rosser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7ZwRd.1285$(E-Mail Removed)...

> news:OZnRd.27246$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I like how you can use the Fields collection to create tables but is

there
> > way to dynamically produce a table and filter out certain fields without
> > having to write the entire table out manually?

> Yes
>
> For example, I don't need
> > the record's ID field in the table.
> >

> Leave it off

McKirahan

news:OZnRd.27246$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I like how you can use the Fields collection to create tables but is there

> way to dynamically produce a table and filter out certain fields without
> having to write the entire table out manually? For example, I don't need
> the record's ID field in the table.
>
> Thanks!

Take a look at:
http://www.asp101.com/samples/viewas...ile=db_dsn.asp