Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > X-Forwarded-For Header

X-Forwarded-For Header

Sergey Antonyuk

Hello,
how can i read "X-Forwarded-For" header information in ASP?
Thank you

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

From what? If you have an e-mail that is a file on the physical file
system, you can use the file system object (Scripting.FileSystemObject) to
open it and read the contents.

Ray at home

"Sergey Antonyuk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> how can i read "X-Forwarded-For" header information in ASP?
> Thank you

Dave Anderson

Sergey Antonyuk wrote:
> Hello,
> how can i read "X-Forwarded-For" header information in ASP?

Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR").It em

--
Dave Anderson

Dave Anderson

Ray Costanzo [MVP] wrote:
> From what? If you have an e-mail that is a file on the physical file
> system, you can use the file system object
> (Scripting.FileSystemObject) to open it and read the contents.

Funny.

Or were you being serious? X-Forwarded-For indicates an indirect requestor,
such as a user coming through a proxy.

--
Dave Anderson

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Um, yeah. For whatever reason, I was thinking of mail headers...

Ray at home

news:(E-Mail Removed)...