Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > IIS Authenticated User

IIS Authenticated User

Ollie

I am looking to implement impersonation in an ASP application I am writing
and am using the MS article Q306158 as a reference. This article refers to
"the IIS Authenticated Account or User". Can anyone tell me where I can find
out more about this account?
- the permissions it has
- what group if any it belongs to
- the user name of the account
- etc.

Cheers,
Ollie

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

"Ollie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am looking to implement impersonation in an ASP application I am writing
> and am using the MS article Q306158 as a reference. This article refers

> "the IIS Authenticated Account or User". Can anyone tell me where I can

find
> out more about this account?
> - the permissions it has
> - what group if any it belongs to
> - the user name of the account
> - etc.

What this means is the user that has authenticated with IIS. In other
words, when you do not allow anonymous access to your web site and force
users to logon.

Ollie

I see. That makes sense.

So if I do allow anonymous access to the site, an IIS Authenticated Account
or User would not exist?

Cheers,
Ollie

"Tom Kaminski [MVP]" wrote:

> "Ollie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am looking to implement impersonation in an ASP application I am writing
> > and am using the MS article Q306158 as a reference. This article refers

> > "the IIS Authenticated Account or User". Can anyone tell me where I can

> find
> > out more about this account?
> > - the permissions it has
> > - what group if any it belongs to
> > - the user name of the account
> > - etc.

> What this means is the user that has authenticated with IIS. In other
> words, when you do not allow anonymous access to your web site and force
> users to logon.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

"Ollie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I see. That makes sense.
>
> So if I do allow anonymous access to the site, an IIS Authenticated

Account
> or User would not exist?

Essentially yes.

Ollie