Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > CDONTS?

CDONTS?

Dean J Garrett

We use CDONTS from ASP quite a bit to send out e-mails. Everything works
well "most" of the time. Sometimes, we find that the same e-mail gets sent
out 2-3 times. Does CDONTS have any known problems we should know about.

Also, is this method a good one for sending out bulk e-mail, like 5-10,000
at a time?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Perhaps someone's double-clicking a submit button, so your code is executing
twice.

About the bulk e-mailing, ASP isn't really the right technology for this.
See some suggestions here. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2291

Ray at work

"Dean J Garrett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We use CDONTS from ASP quite a bit to send out e-mails. Everything works
> well "most" of the time. Sometimes, we find that the same e-mail gets sent
> out 2-3 times. Does CDONTS have any known problems we should know about.
>
> Also, is this method a good one for sending out bulk e-mail, like 5-10,000
> at a time?
>
> Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Dean J Garrett

Ray,

This article is very helpful. Thank you much. Actually, we have an ASP
program that uses selection criteria to build the list, and then it sends
out the e-mail in bulk, maybe up to 30,000 at a time? Believe it or not, it
normally works, but sometimes it sends out 2-3 to the same address.

Anyway, we'll look into alternate methods.

Cheers,

message news:(E-Mail Removed)...