Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Dropdown box from database

Dropdown box from database

dw

Hello. I'm trying to display thousands of people's names so a user can pick
one. Is a dropdown the best way to do this? Is there a better way? I've
never had to deal with that many names, so I don't know how it will affect
performance. Thanks

dw

Thanks, Curt_C. That was an option, but we thought the DDL would be quicker.
You're right, though. It's best to use a search. I'm thinking we'll send the
user to another part of app to search and when they make the selection, we
bring them back to the page.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...