Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > DNS Less Connection String with ASP

DNS Less Connection String with ASP

Big Dave

I've been using Dreamweaver MX connecting to an IIS 6 server on
win2003. I've used an MS Access DB (2000 format) If I use server DNS,
I connect to my via ASP with out a problem. However, my ISP does not
support DNS connections, so I've been trying for a few days to get a
dns less connection work. This is the closes I've got:

Dim MM_ElimCaAspServer_STRING
MM_ElimCaAspServer_STRING = Connection = "Driver={Microsoft Access
Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + Server.MapPath("/assets/ElimDb/elimCan.mdb")

I can setup the connection and can test the Record set, it's OK Can
see the table data in the test in DW. But when I launch the page, I
get a http 500 error. And again, I had no problem with DNS in the
same environment.

Help!!

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Big Dave wrote:

Already answered over in .db

Please do not multipost Dave. This is definitely a database-related
question so .asp.db was the perfect group in which to post it. Posting it
here as well did not increase your chances of getting an answer (most of us
subscribe to both groups). On the contrary, if somebody had taken his time
to answer it here, only to find that it was already resolved in the other
group, that person may have been annoyed enough to ignore any future posts
from you, thereby decreasing your chances of getting help in the future.

There are times when you will not be sure which group is most appropriate
(again, this was not one of them), and you will want to post a question to
both groups. In that situation, you should use the cross-posting technique,
rather than posting the same message multiple times. To crosspost, put
a semicolon-delimited* list of the newsgroups to which you wish to post in
the To: header of your post and post it once. It, and any replies to it,
will appear in all the newsgroups in your list. So, if I reply in .asp.db,
my reply will also appear here in .asp.general.

* ... or whatever delimiter is recognized by your news client

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"