Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to store output of an ASP page on server...

How to store output of an ASP page on server...

mavrick_101

The result of my asp page will not change for a week. So instead of querying
the database every time a user visits this page, an HTML page is sent to the
browser.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks.

larrybud2002@yahoo.com

mavrick_101 wrote:
> The result of my asp page will not change for a week. So instead of

querying
> the database every time a user visits this page, an HTML page is sent

to the
> browser.
>
> How can I accomplish this?

Do a SAVE AS in your browser of the snap shot you want to capture....
Change the link to point to that page or have your ASP page forward the
person to that page.

How do you KNOW the results won't change? I wouldn't do what you want
to do, however.

McKirahan

"mavrick_101" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The result of my asp page will not change for a week. So instead of

querying
> the database every time a user visits this page, an HTML page is sent to

the
> browser.
>
> How can I accomplish this?
>
> Thanks.

You could have an ASP page that determines if a page exists for the new
week.

If it doesn't then generate a new week's page.

If it does then just Response.Redirect to it.

Pseudo-code:

sYEAR = DatePart("yyyy",Date())
sWEEK = DatePart("ww",Date())
sFILE = "page" & sYEAR & sWEEK & ".htm"