Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > VBscript response redirection

VBscript response redirection

Lam

I try to use
qs = Server.URLEncode(Request.Querystring)
session("fromURL") = request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")&
Server.HTMLEncode(qs)
on the login page

then on the next page
I use response.redirect session("fromURL")

the following extra characters got appended at the end of the URL
"auto%3Dtrue"

Does any one know what's wrong?

Thanks a lot

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Well, I don't know why you're getting auto%3Dtrue, but may I suggest you
forget about the querystring and just use http_referer, since that will
include the querystring as it is?

Ray at work

"Lam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I try to use
> qs = Server.URLEncode(Request.Querystring)
> session("fromURL") = request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")&
> Server.HTMLEncode(qs)
> on the login page
>
> then on the next page
> I use response.redirect session("fromURL")
>
> the following extra characters got appended at the end of the URL
> "auto%3Dtrue"
>

> Does any one know what's wrong?
>
> Thanks a lot

Lam

yes
that would work
but is there anyway that I can let the page stay for few second before
redirect to orginal page?
I don't see there is any parameter that I use with response.redirect
thanks

message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, I don't know why you're getting auto%3Dtrue, but may I suggest you
> forget about the querystring and just use http_referer, since that will
> include the querystring as it is?
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Lam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I try to use
> > qs = Server.URLEncode(Request.Querystring)
> > session("fromURL") = request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")&
> > Server.HTMLEncode(qs)
> > on the login page
> >
> > then on the next page
> > I use response.redirect session("fromURL")
> >
> > the following extra characters got appended at the end of the URL
> > "auto%3Dtrue"
> >

> > Does any one know what's wrong?
> >
> > Thanks a lot

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

What do you mean, something like, "You will be redirected in five seconds?"

In that case, you'd have to use client side redirecting, such as a meta
refresh or a Javascript location.href or location.replace.

Ray at work

"Lam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> yes
> that would work
> but is there anyway that I can let the page stay for few second before
> redirect to orginal page?
> I don't see there is any parameter that I use with response.redirect
> thanks

> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Well, I don't know why you're getting auto%3Dtrue, but may I suggest you
> > forget about the querystring and just use http_referer, since that will
> > include the querystring as it is?
> >
> > Ray at work
> >
> > "Lam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I try to use
> > > qs = Server.URLEncode(Request.Querystring)
> > > session("fromURL") = request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")&
> > > Server.HTMLEncode(qs)
> > > on the login page
> > >
> > > then on the next page
> > > I use response.redirect session("fromURL")
> > >
> > > the following extra characters got appended at the end of the URL
> > > "auto%3Dtrue"
> > >

> > > Does any one know what's wrong?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot

Lam