Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Caching problem (ASP/IIS5)

Caching problem (ASP/IIS5)

CJM

I'm working on an ASP application on my XP m/c.

I've uploaded a copy of the ASP code and accompanying DB onto another server
that is running both IIS5 & SQL Server. This is so that the development can
be demonstrated to key users at particular points.

However, when I access the application [on the server] from my machine, I'm
getting to odd caching behaviour that I dont understand. All the pages are
being cached and I need to refresh each page to get the accurate results.

The server is configured such all content should expire immediately, and
each ASP page has Response.Expires = 0 at the beginning, so AFAIK these
pages shouldn't be cached!

However, I'm using Fiddler to look at the headers:

In the request headers it shows Pragma:no-cache;

In the response headers is shows:
- Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:34:40 GMT
- Expires: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 12:00:00 GMT
- Cache-Control: private, max-age=86400

When I first call a page, Fiddler confirms that the CSS file and images are
being downloaded, but the ASP is not. When I click on refresh, all the page
components including the ASP file are downloaded.

I'm not an epert on this area, so I'm struggling to figure out why & where
the caching occurs. The problem only appears to be when I use this server. I
have had problems with this in the past with a different application which
was temporarily hosted there...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

[remove the obvious bits]

CJM

Meant to cross-post this to the IIS NG.

I've reposted to both groups so ignore this thread.