Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Problem with file streaming over HTTP

Problem with file streaming over HTTP

andrea azzini

I'm having a trouble with HTTP file transfer.
I use an ASP file to provide controlled access to some files and stream them
back to the client by adding the "content-disposition: attachment" header.
This usually works perfectly, but I've noticed that if I try to stream a
..RAR file, the client browser does not show any "open/save" window (it
simply ignores the file transfer), and .RAR appears to be the only file type
which causes it to behave this way. Can anyone explain me what this means or
what it may be due to?

I use MS IE 6 and IIS 6... and the transfers are all HTTP/1.1 of course.