Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > New Window.

New Window.

Richard Gutery

G'day. Trying to open a new window in an ASP script.

Here is the code snippet I am trying to use:
private sub OpenWin()
window.open
"utils/progbar.htm","progress","toolbar=no,scrollbars=no, width=200,height=150,menubar=no,location=no,resiza ble=no"
end sub

I've tried this:
private sub OpenWin()
dim newwin
newwin = window.open
("utils/progbar.htm","progress","toolbar=no,scrollbars=no, width=200,height=150,menubar=no,location=no,resiza ble=no")
end sub

Regardless of which method I try I get the following error messsage:

An exception ot type "MS VBscript runtime error: Object
required: 'window' was not handled."

No other error indicators or event log entries. The file progbar.htm exists
in the dir called "utils" etc. In fact, I have other asp pages that call
other utilities from the "utils" dir and all is well.

Here is an excert from MS showing the syntax. It mirrors everything I've
found on the web and online help:
Example

This example uses the open method to create a new window that contains
Sample.htm. The new window is 200 pixels by 400 pixels and has a status bar,
but it does not have a toolbar, menu bar, or address field.

window.open("Sample.htm",null,
"height=200,width=400,status=yes,toolbar=no,menuba r=no,location=no");I'm
not seeing what I'm doing wrong, and forgive me but I think this is pretty
easy - no?.

Any ideas???

TX

RG

Bob Lehmann

Are you trying to run this on the server? That won't work if you are.

Client-side JavaScript would be your best bet.

Bob Lehmann

"Richard Gutery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> G'day. Trying to open a new window in an ASP script.
>
> Here is the code snippet I am trying to use:
> private sub OpenWin()
> window.open

"utils/progbar.htm","progress","toolbar=no,scrollbars=no, width=200,height=15
0,menubar=no,location=no,resizable=no"
> end sub
>
> I've tried this:
> private sub OpenWin()
> dim newwin
> newwin = window.open

("utils/progbar.htm","progress","toolbar=no,scrollbars=no, width=200,height=1
50,menubar=no,location=no,resizable=no")
> end sub
>
> Regardless of which method I try I get the following error messsage:
>
> An exception ot type "MS VBscript runtime error: Object
> required: 'window' was not handled."
>
> No other error indicators or event log entries. The file progbar.htm

exists
> in the dir called "utils" etc. In fact, I have other asp pages that call
> other utilities from the "utils" dir and all is well.
>
> Here is an excert from MS showing the syntax. It mirrors everything I've
> found on the web and online help:
> Example
>
> This example uses the open method to create a new window that contains
> Sample.htm. The new window is 200 pixels by 400 pixels and has a status

bar,
> but it does not have a toolbar, menu bar, or address field.
>
> window.open("Sample.htm",null,

"height=200,width=400,status=yes,toolbar=no,menuba r=no,location=no");I'm
> not seeing what I'm doing wrong, and forgive me but I think this is pretty
> easy - no?.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> TX
>
> RG

Richard Gutery

Yup, trying to do this Server Side is just stupid and I knew that. Made it
happen with Jscript.

Tahnks Bob.

RG

news:(E-Mail Removed)...