Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Help with ASP server calls

Help with ASP server calls

Marek Krzeminski

I am new to ASP and I am having some problems that I hope someone can help
me with.

I am using WindowsXP and a book to try to learn ASP.

The book instructed me to install IIS & .Net Framework v1.1 (which I did)

In the book they gave me the following code:

<script language="vb" runat="server">
Sub Page_Load()
time.text=Hour(Now) & ":" & Minute(Now) & ":" & Second(Now)
End Sub
</script>

<h1>Welcome</h1>
In WebServerLand the time is currently:
<asp:label id="time" runat="server" />

which I saved under the name "test.aspx" in my "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot"
directory.

When I open http://localhost/test.aspx in internet explorer, I only see:

Welcome
In WebServerLand the time is currently:

For some reason the server side code does not execute.

How can I fix this problem? I'm guessing that there is a setup step that I
am missing somewhere.

Help!

McKirahan

news:yq8Ld.1341$(E-Mail Removed)...