Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Form Results

Form Results

Steven Burn

Quite simply;

Request.Querystring

Will grab everything after the "?"

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

"Shahid Juma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Hi,
|
| Is there a way to grab all the results from the querystring which are sent
| via a form submit?
|
| In PHP, you can just do something like $var = _GET; which will grab all the
| fields on the querystring.
|
| Thanks,
| Shahid

Shahid Juma

Hi,

Is there a way to grab all the results from the querystring which are sent
via a form submit?

In PHP, you can just do something like $var = _GET; which will grab all the
fields on the querystring.

Thanks,
Shahid

Phill. W

"Shahid Juma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to grab all the results from the querystring which are sent
> via a form submit?

To do just what you've asked for, use:

Request.QueryString

This extracts all the QueryString arguments passed in one go (retaining
any [URL]Encoding applied to it to make the data safe to travel in this
way (translating spaces to '+'s, for example).

However, I would strongly advise /against/ passing form data using
QueryStrings (i.e. <form method='GET' >). QueryStrings are
notoriously limited in size, depending largely on which webserver
you're talking to (limits of 1 to 2 Kb being typical) /and/ they are visible
to the user; they can change them if they're feeling devious.

I would recommend changing the HTML Form tag to use

<form method='POST'>

and pick up the data sent using

Request.Form

instead.

HTH,
Phill W.

Shahid Juma

Thanks,

Another follow up question. I have multiple checkboxes with the same name.
How can I retrieve each result?

Thanks,
Shahid

"Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Quite simply;
>
> Request.Querystring
>
> Will grab everything after the "?"
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Steven Burn
> Ur I.T. Mate Group
> www.it-mate.co.uk
>
> Keeping it FREE!
>
> "Shahid Juma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Hi,
> |
> | Is there a way to grab all the results from the querystring which are

sent
> | via a form submit?
> |
> | In PHP, you can just do something like $var = _GET; which will grab all

the
> | fields on the querystring.
> |
> | Thanks,
> | Shahid

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Shahid Juma"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Another follow up question. I have multiple checkboxes with the same
> name. How can I retrieve each result?

The results are in the form of:
checkbox = first, second, third, fourth, fifth

so you can do a split to get the values.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info