Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Viewing IIS sites over network

Viewing IIS sites over network

Mark Fisher

I have three PCs connected in a workgroup, all have Windows XP. On one PC,
called MF1, I have IIS installed. In IIS I have a virtual directory called
dbsite, pointing to a folder c:\dbsite. In a web browser I can view the
site via http://localhost/dbsite, or http://MF1/dbsite.

My question is how would I allow the other two pcs on the network to access
this site.

Thanks

Jeff Cochran

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:16:19 GMT, "Mark Fisher" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have three PCs connected in a workgroup, all have Windows XP. On one PC,
>called MF1, I have IIS installed. In IIS I have a virtual directory called
>dbsite, pointing to a folder c:\dbsite. In a web browser I can view the
>site via http://localhost/dbsite, or http://MF1/dbsite.
>
>My question is how would I allow the other two pcs on the network to access
>this site.

Not an ASP issue. If you had asked in the IIS group, they would have
told you to use the sysetm name, as in your http://MF1/dbsite.

If that doesn't work, post a new question in the IIS group and tell
them what doesn't work about it.

Jeff