Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > autofill text field after listbox item selected

autofill text field after listbox item selected

Dave

Hi All,

Just getting started with ASP (NOT .NET) and have a question:

I have a basic form and I'm trying to add some functionality to it. I want
a user to be able to select a product from a list box. After this product
is selected have another text box, ProductID update to reflect the product
number.

In VB I would use an OnChange type thing. Can anyone point me how to do
this with an ASP page or using some kind of embedded script?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Dave wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just getting started with ASP (NOT .NET) and have a question:
>
> I have a basic form and I'm trying to add some functionality to it.
> I want a user to be able to select a product from a list box. After
> this product is selected have another text box, ProductID update to
> reflect the product number.
>
> In VB I would use an OnChange type thing. Can anyone point me how to
> do this with an ASP page or using some kind of embedded script?

You're not asking about ASP here, which is strictly server-side technology.
You will get more attention by posting this to a client-side scripting group
such as .scripting.jscript.

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET