Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > "Processing" progress bar/"in-between" page?

"Processing" progress bar/"in-between" page?

Roy

Anyone have any links and/or code samples demonstrating how this can be
done? Current procedure is that john doe clicks an item on a datagrid
of mine and after however long, gets the info he wants.

What I want to do is have a page that pops up "in-between" the two
pages. Something that says "Processing Request: Please Wait" or
somesuch and have a progress bar or something as well (would not have
to be an accurate progress bar, per se).
Anyone have any links/samples?

Thanks!

Paxton

Roy wrote:
> Anyone have any links and/or code samples demonstrating how this can

be
> done? Current procedure is that john doe clicks an item on a datagrid
> of mine and after however long, gets the info he wants.
>
> What I want to do is have a page that pops up "in-between" the two
> pages. Something that says "Processing Request: Please Wait" or
> somesuch and have a progress bar or something as well (would not have
> to be an accurate progress bar, per se).
> Anyone have any links/samples?
>
> Thanks!

Your question relates to ASP.NET. However, this group covers Classic
ASP. You would be better off asking this question in a dotnet group
such as microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Roy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> Anyone have any links and/or code samples demonstrating how this can be
> done? Current procedure is that john doe clicks an item on a datagrid
> of mine and after however long, gets the info he wants.
>
> What I want to do is have a page that pops up "in-between" the two
> pages. Something that says "Processing Request: Please Wait" or
> somesuch and have a progress bar or something as well (would not have
> to be an accurate progress bar, per se).
> Anyone have any links/samples?
>
> Thanks!

Google for a javascript version of what you want. I got one for a client
once, but don't remember the URI.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

It's not clear if you are using ASP or ASP.Net (I don't know of any explicit
datagrids in ASP).

If you are using ASP, this might help:
http://www.aspfaq.com/2498

Otherwise, see: