Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP export excel

ASP export excel

Utada P.W. SIU

Accurary, I just change the contenttype of the asp to
"application/vnd.ms-excel"

but my question is that, how to default the cell font to Arial?

Now, it is defaulted to "Time News Roman", and I have tried using
and stylesheet

but sees cannot, please advise~

thanks~

larrybud2002@yahoo.com

Utada P.W. SIU wrote:
> Accurary, I just change the contenttype of the asp to
> "application/vnd.ms-excel"
>
> but my question is that, how to default the cell font to Arial?
>
> Now, it is defaulted to "Time News Roman", and I have tried using
> and stylesheet
>
> but sees cannot, please advise~

See the following

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ml/ofxml2k.asp

You can do LOTS of cool stuff moving from ASP to Excel. We now use
Excel as our report writer tool. Once you know what's going on with
OFHTML it's a snap.

I often will open an Excel doc, enter my data into a cell, format it
the way I want it to work, Save As HTML and look at the source to see
what the hell is going on.

The way I develop reports is to get it working in HTML, then execute an
ASP I created which "converts" (i.e. sets up the mime type, sets the
style sheets, etc) the file to Excel. Then I go in and add my formulas
such as subtotals and sums.

Bullschmidt

<<
Accurary, I just change the contenttype of the asp to
"application/vnd.ms-excel"

but my question is that, how to default the cell font to Arial?

Now, it is defaulted to "Time News Roman", and I have tried using
and stylesheet

but sees cannot, please advise~

This interesting resource can help with formating but I don't know if it
actually can go as far as you want (to set a particular font):

Creating a Dynamic Report using ASP and Excel by Jeff Anderson -
1/9/2003
http://www.codetoad.com/asp_excel.asp

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com