Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Getting client certificate from IIS

Getting client certificate from IIS

Karel Miklav

Hi,

on a fully configured and working IIS 5.1 SSL web I'm trying to get a
client certificate. My preffered methods are CGI, ASP/JScript,
ASP/VPScript, where the first is most wanted and others are workarounds.

There are two nonfunctional ASP examples at
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216829/EN-US/,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...om_reqoccc.asp)
are they meant for IIS 4 only?

As David Wang explained to me, I may be out of luck with CGI, but what
about ASP? With VBScript (Request.ClientCertificate("Certificate")) I
get some kind of binary data I can't convert in a usable form. JScript
returns an ActiveX object I have no clue what to do with it. Please,
give me a hint.

Regards,
Karel Miklav