Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Can i get to the application object in a class

Can i get to the application object in a class

Murray Jack

Hi

I am trying to get to the application object from a seperate class in my ASP
application and I dont want to pass the object in as the class is inherited
to lots of other classes. So i can have something like the following

Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid

Namespace Classes.Inheritable
Public MustInherit Class EntityCollection

Implements IDisposable

Private mobjDataConnection As Classes.Databases.DBConnection

Public Sub New(ByVal strSQL As String)
mobjDataConnection = Application("DataConnection")
End sub

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Murray Jack wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to get to the application object from a seperate class in
> my ASP application and I dont want to pass the object in as the class
> is inherited to lots of other classes. So i can have something like
> the following
>
> Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid

Again, this is the wrong place. Most of us in this newsgroup are still using
classic ASP.

There is a reason for having newsgroups focussed on specific topics. You
will find yourself getting kill-filed by the people whose help you wish to
receive if you persist in posting off-topic messages. I'm not playing net
cop here: I know I can't tell you where and what to post. I'm just advising
you of the potential consequences of ignoring basic netiquette.You may get
short-term results from ignoring netiquette, but in the long run, you will
find your questions falling on deaf ears.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET